Dec 28, 2016

TEAR DROPS





These are the ornaments for Christmas 2016. I needed nine and managed to make thirteen by our deadline. I've had the idea to make Tear Drop style of trailers since I got my laser cutter and these were sort of waiting in my queue line for a reason to design them.  I tried to make each one a little bit different as it was a way to experiment with materials.  Each one has a battery operated LED light stuck in the bottom, so it can look "lived in" as it hangs on the tree.  The finished version of each has either a Christmas tree or a sled tied to it. This was the way to accommodate a hook without making holes in the shell or adding an obvious fixture.  They are sized to match my other 1/32 scale models and with some refinements, the Tear Drop will eventually become another model kit I can offer for sale.
Materials are various cardstock, printed art, wood veneers, specialty papers, plastic, foam, tire valves, metal snaps.  Each one measures 5" x 2.5" x 3".

No comments: